If you are a student of EcoHealth or environment and health, you may be interested in this opportunity to write and share your ideas through the EcoHealth Journal. In a new proposed section called “Dialogues”, students will have an opportunity to share brief articles and commentaries on a particular topic of interest . The write-up will then be responded to by other EcoHealth professionals and hopefully spark some lively and interesting discussion. But they want to hear from you by December 1st!
The Journal is also looking for a Student Editorial Assistant (SEA) to manage this new endeavour alongside the EcoHealth Executive Editorial Board.
If you are interested in this postiion or have a writing idea, please contact the EcoHealth Student Group to learn more. They’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas by December 1, 2011.
1) For the Student Editorial Assistant (SEA) position, please send a few sentences about why you are interested, along with your CV to ecohealthstudents(at)gmail.com by December 1, 2011.
2) To contribute to “Dialogues”, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your proposed topic, and your suggested professional responder by December 1, 2011.
Here are some examples of topics to cover (suggested by EcoHealth):
- How do we communicate science in a socially-networked world?
- How does one balance advocacy and sharing your science?
- How do we achieve truly interdisciplinary EcoHealth education?
- What does an EcoHealth professional look like 20 years in the future?
- How do we make EcoHealth relevant to new generations?
- How can we make policy-makers pay attention to these issues.
- How does one transition from an EcoHealth student to professional?
- How do we approach the challenges and benefits of North-South collaborations?